Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Voice of Boys















David and Jeren in younger days.



So, yeah! Boys are weird, as all we girls already know. Just how weird are they?

Today my sister called to ask if my boys (19 and 24 years old) could help her move a hutch she had just bought up the street. It was a simple request as the hutch was sitting in the truck in the driveway and only had to be moved from the truck to the garage. I decided to make an executive decision and just say yes.
After I hung up the phone, I called out to the boys and let them know my sister was on her way over to pick them up to help. Oh, the whining and complaining that I heard. "I just got off work!" "Pete's on his way back over in a few." "Moving a hutch?" whine, whine, whine. haha.
Now mind you, they were not doing anything important at all. Jeren had bought himself a new air rifle and pistol and they were standing on the front porch with their friend, Jeff, shooting little plastic pellets at random things in the yard. (non-living things).
After their whining session I said, "Oh come on! It won't take any time at all with the three of you! Just deal!"
What an instant change I witnessed. Suddenly they were saying, "Haha, Jeff! You got recruited!" In just a split second they went from whining and complaining to joyfully poking fun at Jeff because I included him in the bargain.
Ha!
Boys are just weird like that.
My sister showed up a few minutes later. I don't think they were even gone five minutes and she paid them with a box of Dr. Pepper.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Tis ever so true...Boys are weird. Ya never know what will motivate them.