Friday, May 23, 2008

I am the H.A.L 9000. You may call me Hal.


I think voices is a really hard theme. Of course, due to time constraints, I have been unable to find time to read how anyone else handled this theme, but I am really looking forward to June and a new topic.
On the plus side: I have managed to keep up with the blogging, even while whining and complaining about the theme. Yes, I know the theme is just a suggestion, but I enjoy trying my best to keep my posts on topic. I have been mostly successful with this topic, sometimes quite by accident.





So here are some quotes and they are quoted by some voices from movies:

Hayley Mills: "I've got a scathingly brilliant idea!"

Kevin Pollack: "He does think better with that bat!"

Jack Nicholson: "Don't bark at me! I didn't name you!"

Groucho Marx: "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."

Al Pacino: "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." (although I got this quote from "Two Weeks Notice".)

Charlton Heston: "Soylent Green is people!"

HAL: "I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do. "

HAL: "Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over."

HAL: "I am completely operational, and all my circuits are functioning perfectly."

Tommy Lee: "A person is smart; people are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

And that's all I have time to find today. I didn't put the movies, but you can ask if you need to know! haha.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Voices in my head that will haunt me forever:

Stuart McKenzie: HEAD MOVE! I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik, spherical but quite pointy at parts! Now that was offside, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight on his huge pillow.

Roger The Shrubber: Yes shrubberies are my trade. I am a shrubber. My name is Roger the Shrubber. I arrange, design and sell shrubberies.

Christine said...

BTW...I have loved this months theme and think you have done really well with it. Great blogging!

The Invisible Mo said...

Thanks Christine. It's just weird to try and think of things to do with voices. I was lucky that on some days things just came up that made me realize I could use it for the theme!
You know, I've still never really sat down and watched "The Holy Grail". I've seen parts, but never the whole movie.
I've also never seen "So I've Married an Axe Murderer". I've heard it's pretty good, so one of these days I should watch it.

The Invisible Mo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

I have watched them numerous times. My kids can pretty much quote both these movies as well a some others. So much of it still rattles around in my head.

Me: I mean it.
Any one of the kids: Do you want a peanut?

Have you experienced this problem?