Monday, July 28, 2008

An interesting side note to the coffee hut post...

(Note: This post was written before I went to work yesterday so I'm time-stamping it for then. I couldn't post it because as I was writing it, my computer lost its connection and I couldn't get it back.)

So, I was telling people at work about the drive-thru coffee experience. Since most of my co-workers in the cage are women, they were all pretty much in agreement with me. It's degrading, in poor taste, some of the coffee shops that do this are near schools (and being protested because of that), there might be kids in cars driving by the place, one is in a parking lot near a Wal-mart, etc. But,one of the biggest issues in the conversation was in the food handling aspect of the job. I can't see how this passes the health codes for food handling and neither could those discussing it with me. I just think to myself, "What if I went to a restaurant?" ...would I really want to be served by someone in their underwear? How is the coffee shop any different? So, we had some pretty interesting discussions revolving around the idea of nearly nude girls serving food and coffee.

I only told two men about the experience.
They each said,
"Oh, really? Where is this place? I might want to go get some coffee."

End of conversation.
haha

2 comments:

Christine said...

Thank goodness we don't have anything like that around here. We don't even have a Hooters. I am glad for the heads up. When we come to Seattle I will make sure to check out what kind of a coffee shop it is first. We don't have a date yet but it will probably be sometime in September. That is coming up too fast. Did you get your new cat condo?

The Invisible Mo said...

We have a Hooters, but I've never been there. You're always safe with Starbucks, but I don't really care for their coffee.
September is coming up fast. I hope we can get together.
Yes, I got the cat condo. I'm going to tweak it a little before I bring it in, so the kittens haven't seen it yet. They are enjoying the "pirate ship" I bought them the other day, though.